Friday, October 17, 2008

Ten Years!!!

Chad and I have now been married for 10 years! I thought it would be fun to tell the story of how we met. Chad came in my life when I really needed him most. I was 19 and dealing with the loss of one of my best friends. After that I sent a boy on a mission that I had dated for 2 years. I started going to institute because I was told it would be good for me. I took that advise and one Thursday Chad came to visit a friend who was teaching the class that day. I will never forget his smile. How could you miss it. After class I parted all the girls around Chad and walked towards him. I really don't know to this day where I got the courage. I somehow invited him to a pool party at my house for my friend Landon who was leaving on a mission. I think I said a few other stupid things and figured he would be a no show. I'm good at talking too much and not knowing when to shut my mouth. I remember coming home and telling my mom what I did and that I met the man that I am going to marry. She said "OK. What's his name?" I said "I don't know. I forgot to ask." That was so typical of me. So busy talking and not listening. But I don't think my mother doubted me for one minute. The next day at the party one of my friends came to me and said that Chad is coming. I was confused because I didn't know who Chad was until she pointed to the car driving down my street. I freaked out and ran across the street because we were playing volleyball at my other BF's Katie's house. I went into my bedroom and changed my clothes and then I quickly ran back to playing volleyball. Chad joined the the boys team. It was my turn to serve. One thing you must know. I had a mean serve. Chad wasn't aware of this. I said to myself "who will I marry?". I totally hit Chad right in the head. It was great and then I felt bad and then great again because of what I had just thought. After that we all had fun swimming and soaking in the spa and Chad and I had time to talk and I think I finally listened. Saturday was a beach party in Oceanside so Katie and I decided to go. I was happy to see that Chad was there and again surrounded by his admirrors. Katie and I were having a nice time talking and soaking up the sun when Chad casually walks by and tells me he's going to be taking a walk by the rocks. Katie elbows me and asks me why I'm not following him. I guess I'm a bit slow but I thank Katie every day for that. Of course I then yelled out for Chad to wait for me. He stopped so I could catch up. It's a movie moment I will never forget. We walked to where nobody was and sat on the rocks and talked. I finally learned his last name. I know, slow. I had to make sure Jackie Williams sounded good! :) That Sunday was Landon's farwell at church so I invited Chad to come along. He picked me up at my house wearing sandals with socks because he burned his feet. It was hard not to laugh. It wasn't until Tuesday that I decided to kiss him for the very first time. I knew at that moment that I will be kissing him for eternity. It was a moment I will never forget. I remember dating Chad for about two weeks when we were driving home from a church activity. I looked over at him and said "I have something to tell you but you have to promise me you will not freak out." He said "ok" and then I said "I know I am going to marry you." I felt the car lose control and then recover. I heard a quiet "ok". I thought that was the end of him. How wrong I was. Four weeks later we went to the San Diego Temple with the young adults and he proposed on the lawn in front of everyone. It was the best day of my life. Four and a half months later we were married in the San Diego Temple. Now after ten years, I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who I love very much and four beautiful daughters. We have a great marriage and I am lucky that he is my eternal companion. Happy Anniversary Chad. I love you!

4 comments:

Amelia said...

TEN YEARS! Oh you two... you are so cute. The funny thing is I remember that party and I remember Chad, and his smile too. Jolene and I was snickering at you guys all twitterpated. :) How fun. Oh, and way to hold off for so long on kissing him for the first time! What a quick relationship development. It is definitely a good one though! Congrats guys! I am happy for you two and your family it beautiful. Oh, and I REALLY miss your pool and spa.

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

Congrats Jackie! So fun that we connected again, got to love blogs. It is fun to see all your girls, quite the contrast to my boys. Hope we can check up soon.
Briana

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

Awwww. . . what a cute story told in true Jackie style. I miss those two-sides-of-the-street parties. And you guys too! What a gorgeous couple.
Love, Angie

Cherylyn said...

I have never heard that story before, how awesome! We celebrated our 10th Anniversary in September, just a month before yours. How cool is that? I love you Jackie!