Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm Tagged Again!

Thank you Heidi for tagging me and reminding me of this memory! The tag was to go into my picture file and find the 6th folder and post the 6th picture. This is the picture I found. As an
officer's wife, the thing I fear most is a phone call or knock at my door telling me that my husband is hurt or worse. Jen phoned me extremely early in the morning so I knew it was an important call. She told me that Chad had been in a car accident and she was coming over to watch the kids so I could get to the hospital. I can't believe it's been almost two years on December 2nd when Chad crashed his patrol car. He was responding to a collision on the freeway when the right rear tire blew out. I'm so glad he had slowed down from 115 mph prior to the blow out to 85mph before going into the center median and colliding with the cement divider. He slid against the divider for about 100 ft. before coming to rest. It's a blessing that the car didn't rollover because he thought it was. It was so scary. I'm just so grateful that Chad was OK. He had surgery about a year ago on his shoulder and has recovered nicely. It still gets sore from time to time but the more he exercises it the better it gets. He has always been a very motivated and determined person and that's something I love and admire about him. :)

I tag Aimee (are the rules clear?), Kristen, Jolene, Tara & Briana ;)

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Yes, clear rules. I will do it (except I don' tknow if I have 6 folders! Man, your picture is amazing and VERY scary. I am glad my husband is going to be a doctor!!!