Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Remembering Britt

It was a Tuesday I will never forget. The look on my father's face was so heartbroken when he walked into my office eleven years ago today. I can't believe it has been that long since he told me that my best friend was in a car accident that took her life. I think about Britt all the time. I was afraid when she died that I would slowly forget her but now I find how silly that sounds because I talk about her all the time expecially with my husband and kids. They love to hear stories about her. I always wondered what she would think about Chad because she never got a chance to meet him but I know she would approve because he is just as crazy and loud as she was. :) Britt was such a fun loving person who never judged anyone and you could count on her for anything. I loved her because she wasn't afraid to be herself. There was no one else like her. I miss her so much. Her life was cut way too short but I believe there had to be a greater mission for her on the other side. About a year before she died, she wrote in a book given to me from seminary class, "I'll never forget you no matter what I'm doing or where I am. Stay close to the Lord in all your doings and you will be blessed. I love you."



Britt Leanna Mobley
October 17, 1979-September 30, 1997




Britt cheered in High School and this is how I like to remember her. She had a wonderful spirit about her. I can still hear her laugh in my head. That is something I will never forget.

2 comments:

Cathi said...

Thank you Jackie.

Shauna said...

Beautiful tribute. Britt's mom is my dear friend. What a blessing Britt was to so many people in such a short time.