Friday, September 26, 2008

Halloween Costumes

Cathi got me thinking about Halloween when I was reading her blog. She posted some really cute pictures of her kids and grandkids in their costumes and asked the question if you made or bought your costumes. Well I have done both. I enjoy sewing but sometimes it is cheaper to buy. I thought it would be fun to post old Halloween pictures of my girls costumes from past years. I hope you enjoy these Cathi! :) (2001) Kaitlyn was a bunny. I bought this one from Old Navy.(2002) Kaitlyn was Belle and Isabel was the Flower. I bought both.(2003) Finally I made them cheerleader outfits that year. (2004) Another year of buying. I found Kaitlyn's Princess Anneliese costume at Cosco. Isabel wore Kaitlyn's Belle costume and Lillian re-used the flower.
(2005) I made Kaitlyn a Mulan costume. It took me so long that I bought Isabel Cinderella and Lillian re-used the bunny.
(2006) I made Kaitlyn Dorthy. I offered to make Isabel something but she wanted to wear the Mulan costume. Lillian wore my friend Jen's Wonder Woman costume.
(2007) Last year I made Kaitlyn a poodle skirt. It turned out so cute. Isabel wore Dorthy (isn't that wig great?) and Lillian wanted to wear Kaitlyn's dance costume. That worked for me! Now what will they be this year?

5 comments:

Cathi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathi said...

And enjoy your costumes I did indeed!!
You girlie are very talented! Don't you just love Haloween?

The ShuFamily said...

how cute!! will you be sewing this year?? ;) my kids want to be very generic things this year. easy, but very boring. o well!!

The Reno Family said...

Hey Jackie! Thanks for finding my blog. Your girls are getting so big! I haven't seen the whole gang together in quite a while. We definitely should get together. It's hard w/ the little one, I know, but we'll figure out something. Cleo is such a beautiful baby! Hope all is going well.

homegirl said...

You found me! I didn't know you had a blog! I think half our ward has a blog these days! We are excited to be your new neighbors! November can't come soon enough!