Monday, February 9, 2009

Izzy's 7th B-day Party!

Isabel had her birthday on the 7th this year. She was born on Valentine's day but that's not always a convenient day for everone but Isabel doesn't seem to mind :)

It was so nice to have my best friend Katie visit for a couple of days. I have missed her so much and it was so nice to watch our girls play together. It did get a little confusing because every time I yelled for my Katie, Katie would turn her head too. I tried my best to say Kaitlyn but I couldn't get it right. It was more funny when Chad would do it. Katie said she keep turning around thinking I was yelling for her. So in this post, Katie=Katie Hopoate and Kaitlyn=my daughter :)

Does anyone want one? Katie and I stayed up late the night before baking away cupcakes and sugar cookies (Cathi...your blog has a great recipe! Yum). At the party, the kids decorated the sugar cookies. What could be better than that?

Isabel and CarrieLuana eating and frosting the cookie at the same time. At one point Jaime came to me and said that Luana is still eating cookies. Sorry Jolene...we lost track because there were cookies everywhere :) So if Luana was on a sugar high...my apologies!Avery and IsabelAustin and TaylorKaitlyn showing off her decorating skillsSo many kids came. I didn't think that many boys were interested to come to Isabel's party. Now I know! This is her last boy/girl party. It was a bit crazy!Lily happy with her cookie :) Katie's daughter Samara. So sweet! Chad was working but came just in time to surprise Isabel with her candles to blow out. We didn't do a cake this year because there was already enough sweets. Isabel loved her pan of cupcakes! Jaime sprinkled them and put red candles in them to make them extra special! Three little culprits took cupcakes faster than I could snap this picture. Isabel didn't seem to care. I taught my girl to share ;) Isabel and her daddyKaitlyn and Taylor doing head spins. Aaron is doing the worm. I'm so impressed.Katie was helping me by keeping the kids busy and had them dance and freeze to music. Lily is so funny in this picture....maybe something country?Opening presentsIsabel finally got her American Girl. She named her Isabella.Do you see the storm coming? We did! We tried to hurry and didn't make it. We quickly got the kids inside and the presents and the shoes were saved! The last present opened inside due to the storm.

At the end of the day, it was finally time to relax. Katie and I had the kids in bed except for the sweet little picture moment laying on my lap. Katie couldn't help herself :) Katie, thank you for coming...I really enjoyed having you and I miss you already!

2 comments:

Katie said...

It was so fun Jack. It was far to long in coming...what? 6 years? Thanks so much for letting us stay and taking care of my family. I love you all!

Amy said...

Looks like you throw a great party! What a fun day!!