Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trunk or Treat

Wednesday we went to our Ward Halloween party but we were late getting there this year so we only made it in time for the trunk or treat. We were making good time until we forgot to get candy to pass out which made me late picking up Kona from the groomers. Then I came home to Katie upset because Cleo grabbed her costume and broke a ribbon off so I had to sit and sew that back on. Lily on the other hand couldn't find her headband to her costume because she decided to take it out of the bag the day before and lost it. We finally found it under my bed. (Don't ask me?) All I can say is we were lucky to make an appearance. I just love Halloween!Kaitlyn is a witch (no pun intended), Isabel is a High School Musical 3 cheerleader and Lillian is Wonder Woman. It was funny because last week in the car we were rushing to get to a soccer game and things were not going my way and I yell out "I'm not Wonder Woman" and Lily screams "I am". How can you argue with that? We all just started laughing. The funny thing is that she was dead serious!I had to take a picture of Cleo even though she never left the car. Chad stayed and passed out candy while I went with the girls to trunk or treat. I didn't know what to dress Cleo in this year so I gave up and bought two $2 shirts and $2 pants and Babies r Us. It's hard to spend a lot when she is only going to wear it a few times.Isabel was curious of what was in this trunk. Nothing really scares her except maybe haunted houses. Katie on the other hand screams and squeals over everything. Lily too :)When we got home Chad played with Cleo while the girls tried to wind down before going to bed after having a fun time.
Lily is so silly. She took off her costume so fast but put her leotard back on. She was doing funny poses and just being the lily we know.Isabel would sleep in her costume if we let her. She is the only one we have to make change out of hers. She loves HSM3. When she went with her friend Avery to see the movie, she wore her jacket. That's all I would allow. Could you imagine if she wore her whole costume to the theatre? I guess it would be like those Star Wars people who get all dressed up.Kaitlyn can part with her dress but she has been attached to the hat and broom. She loved that her broom was purple.
OK. I know what you must be thinking. Who is this guy and what have I done with Chad. This is what happens after a long exhausting day. We get silly at our house. Those are soccer shorts that no one would claim because that means they would have to put them away. So Chad decided he would say they were his and wear them. Problem Solved!

No comments: